Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22: Take a look at the titles available on Overdrive or NetLibrary or Project Gutenburg and learn about downloadable audiobooks.

The Net Library site would not allow me to create an acocunt, so I jumped into Overdrive, and was glad I did! It's COOL! I like that one need only enter one's library card number to access this service. I picked two titles to explore, and was pleased to watch a short one minute video clip showing some art work from:
They Drew Fire [ENHANCED]
Combat Artists of World War II
by
Brian Lanker
Jason Robards
Franklin Boggs
Howard Brodie
Manuel Bromberg
I watched the water soaked pages video, impressive! I like how each title gives info like:
This title can be played during the lending period
Collaborative play of this title is not allowed
This title cannot be burned to CD or DVD
This title can be transferred to a portable device during the lending period
I can better recommend services to patrons now that I've dabbled a bit further into this neat elibrary consortium.

No comments: