Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20: Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow users to upload and share videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPliZ7OvRYQ

I tried to find the embeddable player thingie but could not. Anyway the above video is funny and topical for library staff. Bobby Bittman from SCTV, good stuff!

I like YouTube, I've been using it for a while now...it can be a huge time waster though; but I love reviewing old SNL clips with Chris Farley, watching 1970's rock concerts, and humor, tons and tons of funny clips to view. Aside from spending too much time on YouTube (it can easily eat hours at a time), there is just a lot of junk out there. Also I think their main page is too busy with ads and other junk. However, there is a place for this in librarires: I see training opportunites perhaps, or as a communication tool for meetings or orientation at conferences, etc. Or a personal greeting on the web page from the library director or some other library official, this could give patrons a real feeling for the personalized service we offer at FCPL.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bog,
Starting thing 20--way to go. Almost done!!
Keep the faith.

Blog from the Bog said...

Thanks, I'm trying to crank it out befor I'm off for awhile! Chug chug chug chug (said the steam engine)!