Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Week 3, Thing 5: Explore Flickr


"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?...
Dave...
I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question...
I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be alright again...
I feel much better now, I really do...
Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this...
I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over...
I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal...
I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and I want to help you...
Dave...
stop...
stop, will you
...stop, Dave...
will you stop, Dave...
stop, Dave...
I'm afraid...
I'm afraid, Dave...
Dave...
my mind is going...
I can feel it...
I can feel it...
my mind is going...
there is no question about it...
I can feel it...
I can feel it...
I can feel it...
(slows down) I'm afraid...
Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois, on the 12th January 1992. My instructor was Mr Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I can sing it for you."

Mr. Kubrick at his finest!

Well, I was able to upload a Flick'r image, and post a little text to add to the flavor. Does this complete Thing 5?




Isn't Flickr a horse? As in "My Friend Flickr"...Oh nevermind, that was "Flicka"!

6 comments:

Lesa said...

I could swear they used to pronounce it as "Flickr" - those little British children. I can still hear the little boy saying, "Flicker isn't dying, is she Dad?"
- Lesa

Blog from the Bog said...

Yeah, kinda' like the how the Brits say "Sarw" instead of "Saw"--to quote John Lennon, "I sarw a film today, oh boy..."

Blog from the Bog said...

I set up a free Flickr account, we shall see what comes of it.

Unknown said...

Ralph, Ralph, Ralph...Thanks for the laughs, as per usual!!!

folksnake said...

Flickr a horse? Isn't a "bog" a toilet?

As in "...he goes down to the bog and warms his feet..."

Just a thought. Barely.

Blog from the Bog said...

That's right, folksnake, Weis is running a sale on "Bog Roll"! I think Bog is also Russian for God. Disclaimer: Bog's Blog is in no way to be taken as gospel or to be recited to unwavering followers in desert lands.