Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 2, Thing 3: Set up your own blog

Well that was quite easy. No more difficult than setting up an email account or registering to use some online service, etc. I still don't see the attraction to blogs, however. Daily work necessitates staring at a computer screen for long periods of time; I cannot see doing it willingly and freely of my own time. I'd rather be outside, or engaged in another activity. Plus, do I really have that much to say? Do I really care what others have to say?

2 comments:

Lesa said...

I wouldn't care to read someone's personal ramblings for sure, but a lot of blogs are geared toward a certain topic, and you may be interested to follow that topic. For example, I subscribe to LibrarianInBlack, just because she talks about tech-oriented stuff in libraries. And there are popular political blogs and just ones on various areas of interest. One I followed for awhile was someone writing from inside Baghdad. - Lesa

MaryKM said...

Right there with you on the blog situation ... while I believe we all have a story to tell, not sure we all need to tell them so loudly ... :)